- There must be no fewer than 4 and no more than 5 team members per team. All team members must be present at the local and global competitions for the team to be eligible to compete. Special circumstances must be cleared 2 weeks prior to the competition date with the local or global committees respectively. Teams may not change team members between the local and global competitions.
- No student shall be allowed to compete in the IBA more than once. Previous experience would give that student's team an edge during competition and would deprive an inexperienced student of having the chance to participate.
- Teams should be composed of Master level students. No team may have more than two PhD students on their team. No Student should have more than three years of post-graduate experience.
- Students must have full-time enrollment status in the school participating in the AAPG IBA program. Students should have no more than one year cumulative professional petroleum exploration experience.
- All students must present only their own work or the work of their team members in their presentations. All students on the team must speak equally during the presentation. The de-facto language of the presentations in the Region, Section, and Finals competition shall be English. AAPG is not responsible for supplying or paying for an interpreter for any competition.
The Guidelines presented here are superseded by the current Rules and Operating Procedures issued July 1, 2012.
Future IBA Events & ACE Meetings
Houston TX, USA
4 - 6 April, IBA
6 - 9 April, ACE
Denver CO, USA
29 - 31 May, IBA
31 May - 3 June, ACE
Calgary AB, Canada
17 - 19 June, IBA
19 - 22 June, ACE
Houston TX, USA
31 March - 2 April, IBA
2 - 5 April, ACE
(AAPG 100th Anniversary Convention)